Relentless

Persevering, tenacious, unrelenting. Those were the qualities I needed since the first week of high school. A torn meniscus in my left knee required surgery during first week of my freshman year. Now, as I approach the end of my sophomore year, I has been through 3 knee surgeries for persistent problems with the same knee. When I left Kraemer middle school, I had visions of going far in high school basketball and college basketball. My six years of prior basketball experience were supposed to help prepare me for success in the sport of my dreams . I repeatedly ask my doctors and therapists for clearance to play. Every time I hear the words “not yet”, it let’s a little air out of my tires. But I swear I won’t give up, however. For now I am only able to do a limited about of activities and I am always looking for something active for me to do. My most recent love is for hiking.  I love aiming for the goal of reaching the highest peaks or making it to the low points and seeing all the beauty along the way.  Finding another way to build some stamina this is an activity I can truly love.